1. Be careful! Don't_A_ the cups to the ground.
A. drop B. fall C. make D. throw
2.—What do you think of the bookshop in our school?
—It's _B_to be a good one.
A. told B. said C. spoken D. talked
3. I'm _D__to the film this evening. Will you ____with me?
A. coming ;come B. going; going C. coming; go D. going; go
4. Scientists around the world are working hard to __B__a cure for Aids.
A. invent B. discover C. look D. search
5. Mrs. King has visited the art museum. I am going to _A_her somewhere else this afternoon.
A .take B. bring C. push D. carry
6.—Nancy, don't always _A_that old jacket. It looks terrible.
—But I think it's cool, Mom.
A. wear B. dress C. put on D .take off
7. It's raining heavily. We have to _A__the sports meet.
A. put off B. join in C. hold on D. take part in
8. He didn't stop _B_in the heavy rain. That is why he caught a bad cold.
A. to work B. working C. work D. worked
9. If you want to improve your English, you'd better practice _C__it every day.
A. speak B. to speak C. speaking D. spoken
10. Are you going __C__with us tomorrow? I heard there are a lot of fish in the lake.
A. swim B. fish C. fishing D. swimming
11.—Do you like playing soccer, Mike?
—Not really. But I often watch my friends _A_on weekends
A. play B. are playing C. to play D. played
12. Chinese is one of the official languages _D_at the UN meetings
A. use B. is used C. using D. used
13. On my way home yesterday, I suddenly heard my name_B___.
A. calling B. called C. call D. to call
14. Supermarkets are necessary. People usually spend less time _A_things they want, but they usually spend more on things that they don't need.
A. finding B. to find C. found D. finds
15. There is still an hour left. You don't need_B__.
A. hurry B. to hurry C. hurrying D. hurried